- Octyl Methoxycinnamate – chemical sunscreen
- Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate (INCI) or Octinoxate (USAN).
- Korea, USA, Taiwan, China
*DESCRIPTION: An organic compound and an ingredient in some sunscreens and lip balms. It is an ester formed from methoxycinnamic acid and (RS)-2-ethylhexanol. Liquid form
– Application in cosmetic and composite industry,..
– Its primary use is in sunscreens and other cosmetics, combined with oxybenzone and titanium oxide to absorb UV-B rays from the sun, protecting the skin from damage. It is also used to reduce the appearance of scars.
*Application: Making sunscreen,…